- Programs & Services
Under the direction of the Laboratory/Radiology Director, the medical technologist is responsible for performing professional laboratory work following established clinic procedures and performing chemical and biological tests on patient specimens for medical diagnosis. Medical technologists conduct laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analyses to provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. The medical technologist works with the Radiologist to diagnose and treat patients using diagnostic imaging examinations like X-rays. The MT will prepare patients and equipment for radiology procedures, perform the tests, and maintain the equipment. The medical technologist is responsible for obtaining and archiving high-quality digital images for review by the Radiologist. They should be capable of demonstrating the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served, including the principles of growth and development over the life span. Must be able to identify and categorize each patient's age-specific grouping of need, such as those for infants, affecting the Medical Center, such as State/Federal regulations, TJC DSHS, Standards, and Compliance Standards.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Graduate from an approved program in Medical Technology and Radiology Technology preferred.
1. At least one year of experience in a laboratory/radiology setting required.
2. Must be proficient in phlebotomy and basic laboratory and radiology procedures.
3. Must have a current CPR certification.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
• Must be able to be certified as a noncertified radiology technician as required by the position.
• Ability to communicate proficiently with individuals of diverse backgrounds and economic levels.
JOIN A PROGRESSIVE AND GROWING AMBULATORY CARE FACILITY
"United Medical Centers is an “Equal Opportunity Employer”